Nearly all of us have said “my back is killing me” at some point—or at least thought about it.
Fortunately, most pain goes away relatively quickly with treatment and lifestyle changes. After treating immediate pain, try some of these lifestyle changes to help with prevention:
- Exercise regularly to strengthen core muscles
- Avoid heavy lifting, but if necessary, practice proper lifting techniques
- Improve your posture
- Make your workspace ergonomic
- Ensure shoes are comfortable, avoid high heels
- Quit smoking
PAIN MANAGEMENT AT HOME
Some simple home remedies for back pain include:
- Muscle relaxants, like Robaxin®
- Heat therapy
- Avoid more than two days of bed rest
Start your home pain management with Robax® Heatwraps or medication.
1. Low Back Pain Fact Sheet [Article]. (Last modified May 15, 2019). Retrieved from https://www.ninds.nih.gov/Disorders/Patient-Caregiver-Education/Fact-Sheets/Low-Back-Pain-Fact-Sheet#3102_7
2. Mayo Clinic Staff. (Aug 4, 2018). Back Pain [Article]. Retrieved from https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/back-pain/diagnosis-treatment/drc-20369911